I'm Pregnant! What Should I Wear For Halloween?Monica Bielanko
A couple keystrokes into Google and a plethora of pregnant bellies transformed for Halloween crowd onto the screen. Some are cute, if your aren’t concerned about the map of varicose veins crisscrossing your ever-expanding body, some are creative and some are just plain (warning!) horrifying.
If you’re at a loss as to how to gear up for Halloween this year, don’t let that burgeoning belly get in your way. Use it to your advantage! And to make it even easier, I’ve done the research for you, scouring the internet for the latest and greatest ideas when it comes to Halloween maternity wear.
1. Classic Jack-o-Lantern – Paint your belly orange with a smiling face. You can wear ordinary street clothes, or overalls with a flannel shirt and a straw hat, like this adorable gal.
2. Fish-Bowl – Paint a fish and some bubbles on your belly, then wear a light blue or white outfit. Here’s a step-by-step guide for that.
3. Watermelon – Paint stripes on your belly in two different shades of green to look like a watermelon, then dress like a farmer.
4. Beach babe. – Daring. As shown in the link above, this one requires you to don a bikini top! Paint your belly like a beach ball and you’re good to go.
5. Pea Pod – Paint your belly green, then wear all green and cut a vertical slit in your shirt to let your belly show through.
6. Basketball – Paint your belly orange with black stripes, and dress like a basketball player as shown here.
7. Santa Claus – Use that bowl full of jelly baby to your advantage!
8. Plumber or Beer Belly Guy – All you need is manly looking clothes such as jeans and a flannel shirt, with a sleeveless undershirt (wife-beater), a short wig, a baseball cap and your pregnant belly hanging out. Sporting plumber’s crack is optional!
9. Shotgun Bride – Head to the nearest thrift shop for a cheap wedding dress and veil. (To add to the effect have your husband or boyfriend suit up and carry a shotgun)
10. Bee – Bright yellow tank or tee, wrap black duct tape to make stripes around the yellow tank, grab some wings at your local costume shop (if they aren’t black you can spray paint them) and pull that old pair of black leggings out of your drawer, grab some black heels and voila, your legs will look tiny compared to your belly to create bumblebee legs.
For more ideas on homemade costumes click here.
For ready made maternity costumes you can buy online click here.
What are you going to be? Got any good ideas? Please share! Happy Halloween!