33 years ago Frank Pavlik’s mom went into labor and her husband began the drive to the hospital. But Frank couldn’t wait. The couple pulled into the parking lot at the Louis Joliet Mall in Illinois and Frank’s dad delivered his son.
Unbelievably, Frank’s daughter was born in much the same way.
According to Yahoo! News, Hannah Grace Mary Pavlik was born the day before her dad’s birthday in the parking lot of a gas station five miles from her family’s home in Yorkville, Illinois.
“On the eve of my birthday she pulled her father’s move and did the same thing. What’s the chance of this happening, let alone in the same family? It’s pretty amazing.” Pavlik told ABC News.
Erica Pavlik, 31, was home with the couple’s older kids while Pavlik was at work when she felt contractions and called her husband to meet her at the hospital. As Erica was driving with her mother, her water broke and she pulled in to a gas station.
By the time Pavlik got to the gas station, his daughter had been born. Everyone rode in an ambulance to the hospital together. Both mother and daughter are doing fine and are now back at home.
Like father, like daughter.
Image source: ABC7.com
Read more from Monica on Babble:
- Good Old Lady and Bad Old Lady: Top 20 Best & Worst Old Lady Names
- Stunning Breastfeeding Battle Between Mom & Rec Center Employee Caught On Tape
- I’m Not A Melon! 15 Tips to Keep Hands Off Your Pregnant Belly
- That Was Fast: Why I Feel Cheated By My Pregnant Wife
- Why I’m Choosing Homebirth After Two Easy Hospital Births