Momma's Havin' A Baby Child: It's Go Time!

First, how adorable is my hospital gown from Annie and Isabel? Of course you know I was going to wear a standard hospital gown. Gotta labor in style! It totally makes labor so much more fun. 

Okay…back to your regular scheduled programming……..

Friday night my very exciting {and super stressful} weekend began and after I few hours I asked myself, where are the reality tv cameras when you need them? Seriously. It was rough.

It began when I was almost positive my water broke. I started to have steady contractions every 2-3 minutes.  I felt like I needed to go to the bathroom constantly. Which is kinda typical when you have a 6 pound baby sitting on your bladder. And on my way there I felt a trickle. Immediate thought? Crap. I guess I peed myself. But than I felt more of a trickle and stepped over the bathtub to see if more came out and sure enough it did. Clear, and no smell of urine. I even called the hubs in to double check. So of course, my doctor said immediately head to the hospital.

Well, when we arrived, my doctor well one of them, it’s a practice of five, was gone for the weekend. What? Are you kidding me? Well of course I was not happy to hear I’d be getting a fill in doctor. Especially with my history.

After getting situated into triage and after 4 paper test as they call them, they were positive my water had broken. Ten minutes later after a microscope test and exam, we had a false positive. Baby’s head was down and bag of waters was bulging and they thought it was leaking. I was still 35 weeks and 4 days so they admitted for observation + started IV fluids to try and control contractions some while my “fill in” doctor tried to figure out what to do. His decision? I was too much to handle with my history so I was to be bed written until someone from my office arrived on monday at 8am. Yes, Monday. Awesome. 

So fast forward to the exciting part vs. all the borning stuff I could complain about after my emotionally breakdown this weekend and being beyond frustrated.

This am one of the doctors from my practice arrives and decides that I didn’t need to be there, discharged me and sent me home. After an entire weekend spent in the hospital, I saw the doctor for maybe 45 seconds. Immediately, I broke into tears. I was emotionally exhausted, in pain, having a lot of pressure and the nurse was certain I was heading to labor and delivery soon especially with my cervix being dilated. So, with that said, I was on my way out of the hospital by 11am just to head to my 36 week regular check-up and sono. When I arrived around 1pm I was still contracting every 2-3 minutes and was between 3-4cm and as my doctor said “in active labor”. So, she immediately got paper work together to admit me directly to labor and delivery. I knew that my labor had been progressing so I was disappointed I even got sent home. But, at least I knew there was no turning back now. This was it. It’s go time. 

And, here I am. Water was broken at 6pm and as I am typing this my pitocin {since I seem to be stuck at 4cm} is begining and I am finishing up IV antibiotic {since baby is pre-term} and my epidurial is in full swing. Woo hoo. And now, we just wait for baby to arrive! Now I am sending one last minute prayer up in hopes we don’t see the NICU. Stay tuned for a baby update! 

Article Posted 4 years Ago
share this article
facebook twitter tumblr pinterest
See Comments
what do you think?
share this article
facebook twitter tumblr pinterest
See Comments
what do you think?
what do you think?
close comments
Subscribe to the
Welcome to
Sign Out
Follow us on