My New Baby Must-Havesjessicashyba
Life is about practicing and learning through trial and error. Some of us need less of the latter and simply stick with the former, but I am certainly not one of those. The world is absolutely saturated in the marketing to new parents department, and it seems like there are a gazillion and one options for every decision one must make.
I have a background in buying for a baby boutique, visiting the trade shows for children’s products and also, of course, as a “seasoned” (ahem) parent of nearly three children. Through the various channels of my adult life, I finally feel ready to narrow down my top five must-haves for new parents.
1. Aden & Anais swaddling blankets. The softest, most affective and multi-purpose swaddlers. My children are 3 & 4, and still sleep with them every night.
2. Bebe Au Lait Nursing Covers: I’m not one of those talented mothers that can use a blanket when nursing in public. These covers are cute and super functional-another product I use for all sorts of things. Burp rag, stroller shade, blanket.
3. Fleurville Escape Pod: The perfect in-between diaper bag. Holds a few diapers, a few wipes, a changing pad and even has a mirror and compartments for wallet items. I throw this in my regular purse and go.
4. Burt’s Baby Bees: Shampoo and other cleaning products for babies. Safe, natural and smells wonderful. Another product we’ve used to this day with both of our older children.
5. Trumpette Socks: Super cute little socks. On the pricey side, but it’s worth the extra few dollars for socks that won’t fall of tiny feet and last for, quite literally years. You can quote me on that.
There are always new products on the market and a few new ones that I can’t wait to try, such as Hygeia Baby’s Breast Pump, Tommee Tippee’s bottle line, the Orbit Baby G2, Bravado Designs apparel and Magnificent Baby’s magnetic clothing.
I’m all ears if you are interested in sharing your must have’s as well! Here in lies the brilliance of parenting today: sharing what works with other mothers online.
Image Credit: Aden & Anais
Check out Babble’s Best list: Top 100 Newborn Essentials!