You say the word caesarean or c-section and to most pregnant women who haven’t had one – they shiver. Everyone wants the perfect natural child birth experience. Whether it’s drug free or not – the vaginal experience is what most women want.
It’s estimated 31% of pregnancies result in a woman having a c-sections.
How can you experience the natural child birth effect if you have to have a c-section done?
Introducing the ”Natural” Family Centered Caesarean
Here are some of the changes made from a typical cesarean that is involved in the shown video of a woman-centric natural family centered caesarean birth:
- The drip goes in the non-dominent arm.
- ECG dots are placed on the back of the shoulders rather than the chest.
- Extra protection is placed around blood pressure cuff for hygiene reasons.
- Screen is left partially up – after the baby’s head is up, the bed is tipped up and the mother can see the baby being born, allowing the mom to see the baby. “Walking the baby out.” This allows the mother and father to discover the baby’s sex themselves.
- Delay in delivering the baby. The mom can see the baby being delivered and allowing the baby’s lung fluid be to squeezed out of the lungs as it’s being delivered.
- The baby is placed on the mother’s chest right after born and the cord is left attached and the father is allowed to cut the cord.
- Skin to skin contact is allowed to happen immediately after birth.
While this experience isn’t the typical vaginal birth experience, this does seem like a happy medium if you must go the route of having a c-section. Could this be the future of c-sections?
What Do You Think Of The Natural Family Centered Caesarean?