When you’re pregnant, you might have to hear a lot of rather…stupid comments from the people around you. It’s like you’re the first woman to ever be pregnant. Plus, most people seem to think that all pregnant women are “public property” because they’re so adorable. They can’t help but let things slip out of their mouths that maybe, they wouldn’t say to non-pregnant women.
I’m sure we’ve all heard our share! Here are some of the top ones I’ve heard (for me and my friends):
1. “Wow, you’re HUGE!”
2. “Are you sure it’s not twins?”
3. “Did you know you’re not supposed to…” (fill in — “eat that,” “do that,” etc.)
4. “What are you going to name the baby? What do you mean you aren’t telling? That’s rude.”
5. “Are you sure you’re really pregnant?”
6. “I had the worst time when I was pregnant. Here, let me tell you….”
7. “Get the epidural. You can’t do it otherwise, it’s horrible.”
8. ::Touches and rubs your belly:: “Wow, I just love pregnant bellies!!” (this is a complete stranger who has not even said hello)
9. “Hey, little one, coochie-coo! How are you doing?” (talking to your stomach…and is a stranger)
10. “Oh! When are you due??” (while you are carrying an obvious newborn…)
What stupid things have you heard while pregnant?