There’s nothing quite like infertility to make you feel bitter and ungrateful. While we’re blessed with many things in our life, they’re easy to overlook when you’re constantly wondering, “Why can’t we have kids?!” I have to check myself pretty much daily so I don’t start resenting the world.
As part of my daily check (yesterday was not good) I need to make a list. A bright side or “at least” list. So for now at least:
– We’re within a few blocks of some of the leading reproductive endocrinologists in the nation.
– We’re employed.
– We have the means to pay for IVF or adoption.
– We live in a time where there are medical advances that can help us.
– We have a happy marriage.
– We have a supportive family and friends.
– We’re house hunting.
– It’s summer.
And you thought I was just a grump. What are your “at leasts…”?
image: a little king and I