The Countdown BeginsLauren Hartmann
I officially entered my third trimester last week at 27 weeks. I am 28 weeks pregnant today and I can hardly believe that I’m nearing the end of this pregnancy. Obviously this is all relative…I still have 12 more weeks to go (give or take depending on how long this girl decides to hang out in there), but 12 weeks seems so short compared to the 40 I’ve been thinking of for so long.
I can’t wait to meet our little lady! Here are some things I’m looking forward to once she gets here: (Read my list after the jump!).
Things I’m looking forward to once the baby arrives:
1. Sleeping on my stomach. I’ve always been a stomach sleeper and I can hardly contain my excitement at the prospect of getting to do so once again.
2. Seeing my husband in daddy mode. He’s not an overly-emotional, touchy-feely kind of guy, but I have a sneaking suspicion that this little girl is going to have her daddy wrapped around her little finger.
3. Finding out if she’s really a she. Obviously ultrasounds make mistakes as a friend of mine found out when she delivered her surprise baby boy (she’d thought she was having a girl!) this past week. I’ll be excited no matter what, but I’ve sort of had my heart set on a girl ever since we found out.
4. Seeing what she looks like. Based on her ultrasound, I’m pretty sure she has her daddy’s long, skinny feet. Will she have tons of hair like I did? Will she be chubby? What parts of her will look like me, what parts will look like him? I can’t wait!
5. Introducing our baby to our dog. We love our pup and we’re sure she’s going to love our new little one too. Can’t wait to see their friendship bloom.
The list could go on….and on….and on……. I’m just so excited!
What were/are you looking forward to about the arrival of your little one?
Adding someone new to the crew? Read this mom’s story: Pregnancy and My Preschooler