The 10 Worst Things About Trying to ConceiveNichole
I’m choosing, for today, to laugh.
So, I’ve come up with a list of the top ten things that I am most looking forward to leaving behind once we finally get pregnant.
Come read my list after the jump…
1. Viewing my life in two-week chunks, broken up into before and after ovulation.
2. Constantly feeling up my own breasts, hoping for tenderness and then being unsure if they’re tender because I’m pregnant or because I’ve poked at them so much.
3. Talking about peeing on a stick to the entire Internet. Often.
4. Using the phrase “cervical mucous” in mixed company.
5. Regularly examining the aforementioned cervical mucous. Fortunately, not in mixed company.
6. Having to schedule sex and stay on my back for 30 minutes afterwards. 30 minutes, every other day, for days.
7. Hearing the words, “Just relax,” from well-meaning friends.
8. Speaking in acronyms to anyone who will listen, including, but not limited to, ttc, bbt, bfn, bfp, and ewcm.
9. Seeing the glazed look of boredom on the faces of the aforementioned friends.
10. Having to hear people say, “at least you’re having fun trying,” because I’m convinced that no one who struggles to conceive thinks of it as fun for long.
Let’s hope that this is our month, because otherwise, I might be back next month with a new top ten list!
In the meantime, please leave me a comment with what you liked the least about trying to conceive…