Expectant moms are usually inundated with things they need to do before the baby arrives— like take a birthing class, pack a hospital bag, get the nursery ready, etc. etc. But we often forget about the simple things we need to do for ourselves. And I’m not talking about self-indulgent things like pre-natal massages and movies. I’m talking about basic necessities.
For instance, earlier this month, I got a notice that I had to renew my license. Which was all well and good, you can do that stuff by mail… except, I needed to get my eyes checked and send in a signed note okaying my renewal from my optometrist.
WHAT?? Who has time for this stuff?
Not working moms with toddlers at home who are also nine months pregnant!
But, moms with newborns have even less time so I made an appointment and got it done. Then I realized there are a bunch of things I’m not going to have time for once the baby arrives in a few short weeks.
Here’s my last month to-do list and it should be yours too.
1. Refill my contact prescription.
2. Get a haircut.
3. Get a manicure and pedicure.
4. Stock up on toiletries like shampoo, conditioner, soap, and toothpaste.
5. Restock my make-up supply.
6. Wax whatever it is that needs waxing.
7. Go to the dentist for a check-up and a cleaning.
8. Have a girl’s night with friends.
9. Buy some comfortable cotton clothing that is also acceptable to wear in public.
I think that’s it. Unless I’m forgetting something. Anybody?
Also from Ilana Wiles on Being Pregnant: