Okay, I posted my third-trimester to-do list a couple weeks ago. And have since then done…nothing. Well, I put away some chicken nuggets in the freezer, and yesterday I finally got my butt in gear around here (the kids really love to help clean…and microfiber cloths + diluted vinegar mean they can!).
I’m so not on top of this, though. I’ll be 30 weeks by this Friday, and I know that the last 4 weeks or so of pregnancy will be mostly a bust, as far as getting anything major done. Maintenance only, but even then I’ll probably be napping when the kids do.
So for the next 6 weeks, I’m going to share my weekly to-do lists, in hopes that you all can keep me accountable. :) Maybe some of you are in the same boat and want to join me, too!
I haven’t done too badly this week. I at least got the house a little more picked up. You know, good enough that I wouldn’t be embarrassed and constantly apologizing if anyone stopped by. It’s the first progress I’ve made in months, though, and I’m hoping to both maintain it and teach my kids some new “systems” to help keep things in order. (To which my 3-year-old said: “I don’t want to clean up! I just want to make messes!” The ‘picking up’ part is not so fun…just the spraying and wiping.)
This week, here are my goals:
- Kitchen clean — wipe down all counters, cabinets, scrub the floor, the walls, even the trash can. All the “details” that usually escape me (am I the only one who sweeps the floor, runs a damp mop over it, does the dishes, swipes the counters and calls it good??).
- My room clean — this one isn’t bad because my husband did a thorough clean of most areas a couple weeks ago. But, there’s some “surface clutter” waiting for my attention.
- Other rooms?? — as I get to them. I’m trying to mop floors in bathrooms too, but won’t do a full cleaning yet. I’m trying to generally keep rooms “picked up” too.
- Baby’s blanket done — sadly, I have had the fabric for six months and done nothing with it. It won’t take that long, I need to just do it.
- 12 diapers done through facings and snaps — I’ll streamline these, so each week I’ll take another step or two towards finishing. These are just the already-cut one-size diapers…I still have to decide if I want to do more newborn diapers or not…eek. (And if so I have to order the fabric and start from scratch so I guess I better put ‘deciding’ on my list this week too.)
- Get a real plan in place to start freezing some meals — I know ‘what’ I want, but I have absolutely no clue how I’m going to pull it off. I need to find some money for ‘extras’ so I can save them…and I need to pull things out of the freezer (like roasts) and cook them up and freeze those. I’ve been paying attention to which meals are eaten recently with no complaints and the kids ask for seconds…I’m going to start with those.
Okay, that’s enough for one week. :) Next week I’ll check in and tell you what I really got done and what my new goals are. If anyone’s in a similar position and wants to join me, please do! I could use some company.
Do you have any goals you’re trying to accomplish right now?
Top image by Jayel Aheram
Body Checklist: Babble’s Week-by-Week Pregnancy Timeline!