Probably my biggest (legitimate) complaint while pregnant is how sore I wake up in the morning. My hips are killing me, my lower back is numb, and even my feet feel more swollen and sore than when I went to sleep the night before. Wha, wha, wha, I know.
What I have learned through my three pregnancies is that a good, supportive body pillow is key to getting both a good nights sleep and alleviating some of the aches and pains. Oh, and a king size bed doesn’t hurt either.
I’ve tried out multiple body pillows; a couple specifically designed for pregnancy, and a few run of the mill everyday pillows made for the masses. My current favorite snuggle (other than my husband) is the dreamgenii maternity pillow. Seriously, it’s comical how very attached I am to this pillow. The dreamgenii is so lovely that my husband is starting to call it “the other man” in the bed with us.
I love it for many reasons. Here are a few:
- It provides the comfort and support I need, but doesn’t take up half the bed. It’s not too big, not too small, it’s juuuust right. (says this mama bear)
- It has both a bump (which extends and curves to the knees) and back pillow.
- Both the back and bump pillow are connected, which is awesome because the pillow stays in proper place as you sleep.
- After pregnancy, it’s easily doubles as a nursing support pillow.
I’m sure I don’t have to tell you how amazing a good night’s rest is, especially while pregnant. Having proper support in the bump, back and knee areas are crucial to achieving maximum rest! Now, if someone could only do something about my bladder that keeps waking me up multiple times a night, I’d be golden.
Good News! We’re giving away a dreamgenii maternity pillow to one lucky reader ($69.95):
Three ways to Enter: (leave a separate comment for each)
1. Tell us what ache and pain is currently keeping you from getting a good nights sleep (that’s right, whine a little, we want to hear it).
2. Follow the Babble being pregnant twitter account, @BabblePregnancy.
3. “like” dreamgenii on Facebook.
We’ll pick a random winner next Sunday, August 21, and announce right here on Being Pregnant and via email.
*open to US shipping addresses only.