10 Love Quotes to Heal Us from Heartbreaklovesujeiry
I love love. And I love when poets, celebrities, and screenwriters put words together to express all that love contains, including heart ache and pain. Often times that is when words of wisdom come to be, when we are heartbroken. We mourn a love that is lost and once we reflect we (hopefully) understand that we are better off and that we will love again.
I’ve been there, seeking quotes to help me heal and have even created some of my own. Here are ten of my favorite love quotes to help us heal from a broken heart.
1. “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.”— Mark Twain
2. “The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it…” — Nicholas Sparks
3. “Someday you’re gonna look back on this moment of your life as such a sweet time of grieving. You’ll see that you were in mourning and your heart was broken, but your life was changing…” – Elizabeth Gilbert
4. “Don’t settle for a relationship that won’t let you be yourself.” Oprah Winfrey
5. “When you break up, remember you still have you.” — Sujeiry Gonzalez
6. “I refuse to let what happened to me make me bitter. I still completely believe in love and I’m open to anything that will happen to me.” Nicole Kidman
7. “The best way to mend a broken heart is time and girlfriends.” Gwyneth Paltrow
8. “I often say, ‘My last relationship failed and didn’t paralyze me. My last heartache didn’t kill me. Why would this one? I will not break.” — Sujeiry Gonzalez
9. “I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” Marilyn Monroe
10. “I’m looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-each-other love.” — Carrie Bradshaw
Post inspired by YourTango’s “18 Relationship Quotes That Tell It Like It Is.”
Photo credit: Flickr.com/KiwiFraiz