I can still remember my first date with my husband. It was nearly 14 years ago — I was only 17-years-old and in high school. Dating when you’re younger is so much different than dating when you’re older, and if you’re looking for love, you want that first date to go well.
I am not an expert in dating, since I married my first real relationship (and we’re still very happily together) so when it comes to first dates, I know I would be so out of my own element. Whether you’re still looking for your first love, or back in the dating field, there are some key things you should not talk about when you’re on your first date. The goal is always to find someone you’re compatible with, have a good spark and go on to have a second (and third, and fourth etc.) date with.
Since I don’t really know the first thing about first dates, I reached out to some relationship and dating experts who shared with me the topics that should be off-limits for your first date and why.
Photo credits: photostock
More on Babble:
- 9 Things I’ll Never Do In Front of My Husband
- 20 Things Men and Women Say to Get Out of Having Sex
- 14 Ways to Show Your Partner Love Without Saying It
- 10 Reasons You Should Be Having More Sex
- 9 Things That Seem to Make My Morning Sickness Worse
- 10 Ways to Protect Your Marriage Through Loss and Grief