Summer weddings call for two things — beverages served in mason jars for the guests and a post wedding exotic honeymoon for the couple. In all actuality while mason jars are a good start there is more to making a summer wedding a success and while exotic might me nice it isn’t the only way to honeymoon. Even so, it’s fun to see what the preferred way to honeymoon is. This year the experts at Forbes shared some “honeymoon hotspots.” My husband and I never went on a honeymoon but we do talk about places we would love to travel to together and roundups like the one done by Forbes definitely give us ideas in hopes that one day we get our chance. Take a look at 5 from their list:
- Hawaii – According to Forbes, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii is a great honeymoon destination. Their recommendation is the Four Seasons Resort Hualala which features an adults only pool and a lounge that is perfect for a “beachfront dinner.” Snorkeling and golf are readily available to vacationers.
- Vancouver Island – Canada boasts a great travel option for post wedding travels. Wickaninnish Inn Tofino offers a romantic ambiance complete with fireplaces and a view of the Pacific ocean.
- Napa Valley – Located in California Napa Valley is a picturesque destination offering romance, great restaurants and wine. Meadow Valley has an intimate feel yet still offers grand experiences such as riding in a hot air balloon over the vineyards.
- Greece – Amanzo’e in Porto Heli offers luxurious hotel rooms, private pools, a spa and local attractions such as helicopter tours. Experience the best of both worlds as guests who stay there have views of the countryside or the sea.
- Italy – Located on the island of Capri is J.k. Place Capri. This waterfront hotel is described as “charming” and the rooms “romantic.”
Reading about these destinations has me wanting to pack my bags and book a trip and I must say, I like that they included more local destinations as well as some that are abroad. For now I will settle for dreaming. For more on these “honeymoon hotspots” and a few additional ones visit Forbes. Did you travel anywhere for your honeymoon? Where to? And if you are still hoping to one day go on one like I am where would go?
Photo Source: istockphoto
More from Krishann on Relationships: