Back, forever ago when I first started dating, technology wasn’t even close to what it is today. I went on one of my first real dates when i was 16 years old and there was no Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, texting, and it wasn’t common to have your own mobile phone at that age — let alone a smart phone.
There’s no doubt that technology has brought so much to our life. I mean, i wouldn’t have this awesome opportunity to share my life and views with so many people and well, I am a tech-lover. I do know that if I had to jump back into the dating game in this technology age, things would be so different than when I was first starting to date.
Technology has brought with it some good things when it comes to dating and finding love, but in other ways I think it’s also hindered the process and has made things more confusing than in the past.
Click through and read 7 ways technology has change the way we date:
Photo credits: photostock
More on Babble:
- 25 Common Last Names That Make the Best Baby Names
- 10 Ways My Husband and I Are Total Opposites
- 12 Places You Could Find The Partner of Your Dreams
- 10 Ways to Surprise Your Partner No Matter How Long You’ve Been Together
- 10 Things You Should Never Say About Your Ex
- 10 Signs You’re an “Old Married Couple”
- 8 Things That May Be Holding You Back From Finding Love
Devan is a freelance writer living in Toronto, Ontario with her husband, three kids and expecting baby #4 at the end of this year. Read more from Devan on Babble and “like” Accustomed Chaos on Facebook!