Have you ever had something confiscated by the TSA (Transportation Security Administration)? I’ve had my make-up and perfume confiscated – well just about every time I travel. Yes, each time it frustrates me to no end. The TSA has joined Instagram and is showing the world some of the crazy they are confiscating – and what they are posting isn’t make-up and perfume.
This is an interesting use of social media. The photos of the confiscated items posted are both informational and a bit freaky. While some may comment about the TSA’s use of Instagram being a waste of tax payer money… looking at these images gave me pause as to what people are really bringing to the airport. You have to wonder why someone would want to bring a stun gun disguised as a Marlboro pack of cigarettes on a plane?
While going thru security at the airport is a pain, and sure like any government agency there are all kinds of crazy issues and situations that arrise… the purpose of the TSA is to protect us as we travel and now we can see some of what we are being protected from on Instagram.
Check out what the TSA is posting on Instagram:
Follow the TSA on Instagram
What Are Your Thoughts on Government Agencies Using Social Media?
- 5 Tips for Watching Fireworks with Toddlers
- 25 Fun Activities to Add to Your Kids Summer Bucket List
- The Stupidest Way to Stop a Bleeding Finger
- 8 Fathers Day Gift Ideas for Tech Dads
- 12 Things to Know About Toddlers and Great Wolf Lodge
- 15 Science Projects for Toddlers
- 15 Fun Star Wars Products for Toddlers
- 7 Free Stock Photography Websites