10 Important Lessons We Could All Learn from ToddlersMeredith Carroll
Maybe they can’t tie their shoes or differentiate between a car and a gorilla, but toddlers have a lot more going on intellectually than they’d have you believe. Yes, even if they make a habit of sticking their hand in their diaper after a poop.
In fact, adults would be wise to take a few pages out of a toddler’s book. (It’s no coincidence, by the way, that the pages in their books are indestructible.)
Here are 10 important lessons we could all learn from toddlers:
Lessons from Toddlers 1 of 11They're not nearly as dumb as they look.
Might as Well Laugh at Your Own Farts 2 of 11Your farts are funny.
Then again, pretty much everything you do is funny.
Everything is Better if it’s Applesauce 3 of 11Hold the cinnamon.
Triscuits are Not Food, Nevermind Acceptable Snacks 4 of 11Triscuits are to crackers what black licorice is to candy.
The jig is up, people.
If There’s a Fork in the Road, Throw It 5 of 11Maybe it'll make them think twice about serving you Triscuits at snack time again.
If at First You Don’t Succeed — Annoy 6 of 11They'll cave eventually.
Crying When You’re Sad Can Actually Make You Feel Better 7 of 11And by better, we mean someone will probably give you a cookie to make you stop.
You Might as Well Ask For a Cookie for Lunch 8 of 11
If Something’s In Your Way, Bust Through It 9 of 11This includes the emotional wall built by newborn siblings between you and your parents.
Or, as it translates to adults: That pesky door that the people at the coffee shop insist on locking when they're not there.
Everything is Funnier When You’re Naked 10 of 11Don't take our word for it; go to the post office with nothing but your wallet and the best of intentions and see what happens.
If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Look Very, Very Cute 11 of 11We'll see who the real loser is after you have a few tantalizing tears in your eyes and your mouth is formed into an adorable little pout.
More from Meredith on Babble:
- 15 Hilarious Photos of a Grown Man Re-enacting Snapshots of Friends’ Babies
- 20 Dazzling Drag-Queen Portraits Showcase Intriguing Alter-Egos
- 7 Ways a Toddler is Exactly Like Your Annoying Co-Worker
- 11 Reasons Why Being a Toddler Rules
- Brave Photographer Has Lens Turned on Her as Strangers Gawk at her Weight (PHOTOS)
- The Battle They Didn’t Choose: A Husband Poignantly Documents His Wife’s Breast Cancer Fight (PHOTOS)
- 10 Things That are ONLY Funny to Toddlers
- The Mommy Tax: 7 Penalties Paid by Parents on April 15 (As Well as Every Other Day)
- 20 Whimsical Photos Capture the Darling Bond Between a Little Girl and Her Cat
- 10 Things I Pined for as a Kid that Actually Lived Up to the Hype as an Adult