10 Opportunities for Dads to Demonstrate a Little Romanceilanawiles
For one thing, you can’t arrange for a sitter every night of the week, so romance has to be found in the little things at home.
I’m not talking about “romance” in the bedroom (although I highly recommend that too), I’m talking about things that husbands can do that are a lot more unexpected.
Like surprising your wife with her clean laundry sitting nicely folded on top of the bed. That’s actually happened to me once or twice. It was MAGICAL.
Although I have yet to see the socks matched up.
Now that would be romantic.
Here are 10 simple things my husband could do to make me feel extra special…
1. Change the diaper genie insert without my asking.
2. After offering to get our daughter in the morning when she wakes up, resist the urge to bring her directly into the bedroom.
3. Thank me for covering bedtime routine for the past two years.
4. Put all smart devices away during dinner.
5. When a toy has been purchased where assembly is required, smile and say, “I’ll put it together right now!”
6. Ask if I want a spoonful before finishing the ice cream.
7. Pretend to enjoy an episode of the Bachelor.
8. Volunteer to watch our child without immediately turning on Sesame Street.
9. Pick five worn out college t-shirts and spontaneously throw them away.
10. Plan an adult evening out and even arrange the sitter.
I guarantee, if my husband attempted at least three of these “romantic opportunities”, he might get a little something extra himself. Without asking, of course.
How would you like your husband to show you a little “romance”?