10 Retro Parenting Fails That Still Wouldn't Cut it TodayMeredith Carroll
Failing as a parent is a practice as old as humankind. Just ask Isaac to say some kind words about his dad Abraham. Ahem.
Some wounds heal with time. Others still sting, no matter how old they are.
Here are 10 vintage parenting fails that still wouldn’t pass muster if they were committed today:
Retro Parenting Fails 1 of 11No matter how long ago it was, it's still wrong.
Retro Fail #1 2 of 11Because wicker is up there with straw and paper in terms of its indestructibility.
Retro Fail #2 3 of 11And baby is a political tool.
Retro Fail #3 4 of 11Was the Genghis Khan costume not available?
Retro Fail #4 5 of 11Don't forget: The sidewalk is available for licking, too.
Retro Fail #5 6 of 11Is the naked child really helping sell the product?
Retro Fail #6 7 of 11Pay no attention to the frightening man in the hood and beard.
Retro Fail #7 8 of 11The stork is supposed to deliver children, not wound them.
Retro Fail #8 9 of 11Look ma! No seatbelt!
Retro Fail #9 10 of 11No matter the child's weight, that outfit is a crime.
Retro Fail #10 11 of 11What? No car seats?
All images used with permissions from Retronaut.com
More from Meredith on Babble:
- ‘My Baby, Not My Child': Brave Woman Documents Giving Up Her Infant for Adoption (PHOTOS)
- ‘Up’ Fan Art Further Illustrates the Sweetness of a Poignant Story (PHOTOS)
- It Was Only a Matter of Time: Meet Hipster Mickey Mouse (PHOTOS)
- Bunny Babes! 15 Toddlers Who are All Ready for Easter
- ‘Flying Henry’ Magically Lands in Bookstores (PHOTOS)
- No Bunny Does Easter Like These 10 Awkward Easter Bunnies
- 10 Ways to Tell Your Second Child Apart from Your First
- Your Bad-Hair Day Just Got Better: 10 Hilariously Awkward Hairdos That, Thankfully, Aren’t Yours
- 10 Things Never to do With or Near a Toddler
- 10 ‘Real Life’ Disney Princesses Deliver a Lovely Reality Without Spoiling the Fantasy