I used to think that as I raised my children, I was their teacher and that it was up to me to teach them everything that I knew about life. It was up to me to set the example. While all of that is still true, what I didn’t realize was that my children are teaching me lessons about life too. Maybe even more than I am teaching them.
When I sit back and watch Avery, I am always envious at how she just flows through life without a care in the world. It’s that true sense of the moment that she always wants to embrace. Of course, toddlers don’t have the same responsibilities that we do as adults, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t take some of the same approaches they do.
Take a look at some of the things that a toddler does that could be a good life lesson for all of us!
More from Lauren on Babble:
- 11 Stylish Pregnant Moms to Follow on Instagram
- 18 Things my 18 Month Old is Doing
- 10 Pregnancy Journals to Capture Every Moment
- Maternity Style: Little Black Dress
- 10 Things I Want My Daughter to Remember Before She Becomes a Middle Child
- 15 Fall Looks for Toddler Girls
- Living with Hyperemesis Gravidarum: 10 Ways I’m Getting Through It
- 10 Reasons to Embrace the Toddler Years
Read more from Lauren at her personal blog, A Mommy in the City, where she chronicles her life living in New York City with a suburban mentality. For more updates, follow Lauren on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram!