“I’ve always believed a photographer must love what he shoots,” Andy Prokh told MyModernMet.com.
The St. Petersburg, Russia-based photographer’s 4-year-old daughter Katherine and his 6-year-old cat Lilu have been favorite subjects of his for some time, and with good reason. The patient, imaginative sweet relationship between the little girl and her cat that comes through the lens with glaring poignancy and humor — and Prokh’s magical black-and-white style gives the photos a classically traditional touch. The dynamic duo are an easily lovable subject.
Much like the toddler from Japan and his French bulldog BFF, Katherine and Lilu are well on their way to earning Internet-viral status — and for good reason.
Take a look:
All photos used with permission from Andy Prokh
More from Meredith on Babble:
- 15 Hilarious Photos of a Grown Man Re-enacting Snapshots of Friends’ Babies
- 20 Dazzling Drag-Queen Portraits Showcase Intriguing Alter-Egos
- 7 Ways a Toddler is Exactly Like Your Annoying Co-Worker
- 11 Reasons Why Being a Toddler Rules
- Brave Photographer Has Lens Turned on Her as Strangers Gawk at her Weight (PHOTOS)
- The Battle They Didn’t Choose: A Husband Poignantly Documents His Wife’s Breast Cancer Fight (PHOTOS)
- 10 Things That are ONLY Funny to Toddlers
- The Mommy Tax: 7 Penalties Paid by Parents on April 15 (As Well as Every Other Day)