Keep your toddler busy this summer with a summer bucket list! Here is a round-up of 25 fun activities to keep your little one busy during the hots months of summer. Say no to bored and yes to fun!
1. Masking Tape Race Track: Create a masking tape race track for cars. Perfect for those HOT summer days where the heat is just too hot to play outside.
2. DIY Sprinkler: With a plastic bottle and a drill, create a DIY sprinkler. Your toddler will love running thru the water, perfect for cooling off.
3. Water Wall: Just think how much fun your little ones will have playing with a water wall!
4. Outdoor Water Bed: How COOL is this??? It’s a giant water bed made out of a tarp and duct tape.
5. DIY Splash Pad: Using a tarp, a sprinkler and some balls — make your own splash pad.
6. Air Fort: Make this for the toddlers? I want to do this for me! How fun is this! Using a sheet, packaging tape and a fan make an air fort for your kids.
7. Kiddie Car Wash: Your little one will love riding his scooter, or driving his push car thru this kiddie car wash!
8. Lemonade Stand: Create a classic childhood memory — throw a lemonade stand with your toddler. Teach your child how to give — give the money to charity.
9. Soap Boat Races: With a rain gutter, a few bars of soap, tooth pics, fabric, scissors and a glue gun — race bars of soap!
10. Spray Sidewalk Chalk: Sidewalk fun with spray sidewalk chalk.
11. DIY Bird Feeder: Our toddlers love to watch the birds eat thru our kitchen window. Using a soda bottle, make your bird feeder.
12. Backyard Teepee: Watch your kids enjoy hours of play in a backyard teepee!
13. Solar Oven: Make a solar oven and make yummy s’mores!
14. Chalk Dress-Up Dolls: Add a twist to chalk play! Make dress-up dolls by having your toddlers put clothes on the doll outlines drawn on the sidewalk.
15. Ice Cream in a Bag: Make ice cream in a bag. Your toddler will love helping put ingredients in a ziploc bag and freezing. The ice cream only needs to be put in the freezer for 5 minutes, so perfect for impatient toddlers.
16. Movie night: Make cardboard cars and throw a toddler movie night!
17. Picnic: If you’re feeling crafty, you can build your toddler a picnic table for the yard. If not, just pull out their favorite dolls or stuffed animals and throw down a blanket!
18. Scavenger hunt: Take your toddler on a scavenger hunt.
19. Water Pinatas: Hang filled water balloons from a play structure and watch as your toddlers pop them.
20. Human Bubble: Make a bubble surround your toddler!
21. Costume Day: Play dress-up for the day. Have your little girls dress up as their favorite fairy or princess and your son as his favorite cartoon character. Let them play in character all day!
22. Bowling: It’s too hot to leave the house, craft your own bowling game at home!
23. Outdoor Twister: Take Twister outdoors. What a great way to teach toddlers their colors as well.
24. Ball Pit: Create an indoor (or outside) ball pit! Throw a bunch of small plays into a kiddie pool and watch the kids go to town.
25. Condensed Milk Paint: Your toddler will be licking their art! Make condensed milk paint.