There are different schools of thought as to when, exactly, it’s most appropriate and safe for children to learn how to swim. Water Babies, a swim school based in the UK, welcomes babies starting at just a few days old to dive right in and learn the tricks of the water.
Whether you agree that children that young should be taught to swim, it’s hard to argue that these photos of little ones in the Water Babies program shot by Kate Westaway, a renown underwater portrait photographer, aren’t an unusually adorable way to get in the Yuletide spirit.
Take a look:
Dashing through the pool 1 of 5Photo of Evelyn Prout
O’er the waves we go, splashing all the way 2 of 5Photo of Jackson Parr
Oh, jingle bells, jingle bells 3 of 5Photo of Ellis Bermudez
Swimming all the way 4 of 5Photo of Gracie OHagan
Oh what fun it is to laugh and sing a swimming song tonight 5 of 5Photo of Harrison Foskin
All images used with permission from Kate Westaway
More from Meredith on Babble’s Toddler blog:
- 10 Non-Events That Make Toddlers Deliriously Happy
- 10 Signs You’re the Parent of a Toddler
- What to Get the Toddler Who Has Nothing? These 10 Awesomely Basic Toys
- 7 Thoughts of Toddler Moms at Christmas Time, As Told Through Very Sarcastic E-Cards
- Presenting the 10 Best and Most Awesome Toddlers of 2012 (PHOTOS)