Oh the dreaded toddler cough. Many years ago, when I had my first set of toddlers running around and a ickiness of cough hit the house, we were able to dose them with some cough syrup and all would return to somewhat normal.
In 2007, over the counter cough and cold medicine was banned for children under 6 years old. The FDA citied reasoning as over-the-counter cold and cough medicines don’t work for children under age 6. As someone who used these meds, they worked for us – but alas now they are no longer sold.
So your little one is throwing a coughing fit – what is there to do? Check out these remedies for getting rid of your toddler’s cough.
Molly blogs technology, parenting and geekery at Digital Mom Blog.
- 15 Easter Basket Goodies That Don’t Include Candy
- 7 Robots That Can Help You Around the House
- 10 Tips for Work at Home Moms
- How to Throw a Low Stress – Last Minute Birthday Party
- How to Throw a Birthday Party for Under $125