Last week my son got his 1st shiner. When I saw my little guy’s eye swelling up, my heart lurched forward a bit. Gimme a break, it was his 1st one! Of course I wanted to do everything I could to soothe him and take the pain away. I couldn’t take back the epic bounce off of his sister’s cheekbone that he took, (she, amazingly, went unscathed).
I could take care of him using the full arsenalt of my kitchen and I didn’t have to leave the house to pick up a single item. You probably won’t either.
As always, when your child falls or has a bump that requires more than a kiss and herbal remedies, consult your pediatrician or physician. We were lucky in that we only had swelling and a big bruise to deal with, no cuts.
More Babbles From Selena…
- 1st Days of Preschool (Mine & Hers)
- When in Doubt, Put Bunny Ears on Them!
- “For the Bullied & The Beautiful”
- On Why I Now Love Mornings Best
- Ridiculous (and totally necessary) St. Patty’s Day Photo Props for Toddlers
- DIY Toddler Beds. Yep. Uh huh.
- Confessions & Secrets…on being a better mom
- Hardcore Baby Doll Love (pictorial) + your chance to subit your own!
Elsewhere on the internets…
Via her humble beginnings, mastering in general mayhem: le petit rêve