A Look Inside A Toddler's Head: Prepare To LaughNaomi Odes
Do you ever wonder what goes on inside the head of your toddler? It’s gotta be crazy in there. Yesterday, I felt like I was Nicolas Cage in Raising Arizona in that scene where all those babies are escaping the room in the middle of the night. Except, I only had one baby. Nevertheless, he was escaping, and pushing buttons on the washing machine, and flushing the toilet, and climbing onto the kitchen counter, and in the refrigerator and (repeat all of the above)…
Additionally, a small person who can go through a whole range of emotions in less than one minute must have quite a superhighway of thoughts happening. That’s the premise behind a hilarious post I stumbled upon tonight, written by this guy Jason Good. Mr. Good is a comedian and blogger, who appears to have a toddler. This blog entry: Day 215: Approximately 3 Minutes Inside The Head Of My Toddler is dead on. Here’s an excerpt (or what he entertains is about 27 seconds of a toddler’s brain function):
1. I wanna play with Daddy’s phone.
2. I wanna put on Mommy’s shoes.
3. GET MOMMY’S SHOES OFF MY FEET NOW!
4. I wanna open and close the thermostat.
5. I wanna turn on and off the light on the microwave.
6. Is there anyone here with a phone I haven’t played with yet?
7. I NEED TO PUSH SOME GODDAMN BUTTONS.
8. I wanna pick up the cat by its head.
9. I wanna throw all the toothbrushes in the sink.
It gets better, but I don’t want to ruin the whole thing. What is with the ‘toothbrushes in the sink’ obsession! I suppose I should thank my lucky stars these haven’t ended up in the toilet yet. What’s even more priceless about this post is the woman (Christina Timberlake) who posts the Mom’s stream-of-consciousness versionl side-by-side with the toddler’s.
Photo Credit: Ali Leila/Flickr