I’m having one of those couple of days where, really, not much can make me smile. Life is sometimes awful and horrible and sad and there’s not much that can change the feeling when you’re deep into it.
I came home tonight with a heavy heart and just needed to find something light and laugh-worthy. My own kids make me giggle regularly, but they’re asleep and the last thing they’ll want to do is entertain me if I wake them from a deep slumber.
So I rooted around online for a few minutes in an effort to find something to lighten my mood, even if just for a few minutes. And then I found it: this video. If there’s anything that’s going to make me giggle right now, it’s watching a toddler doing something that’s essentially the equivalent of a puppy chasing his tail. This video shows a toddler trying to drink from a water fountain for the first time.
In all fairness, and in the toddler’s defense, water foundations are totally a weird and wacky and confusing if you don’t know how they work. Don’t you agree? Watch this video and you will (and please pass it along to anyone who might be in desperate need of a laugh):
Video credit: YouTube
More from Meredith on Babble’s Toddler blog:
- 10 Signs You’re Madly and Hopelessly, if Not Oddly, in Love with Your Toddler
- 7 Ways Toddlers and 39-Year-Olds are Pretty Much the Same People
- The Thing I Waited 16 Months and 6 Days to do with My Toddler
- 5 Glaring Ways Parenting Has Evolved Over the Past Century
- Are You Guilty of Thinking Any of These 5 Unhealthy Foods are Actually Good for Your Toddler
- If Nothing Else, Tell Your Toddler to be Grateful They Weren’t Born in Paris in the 1880s (PHOTOS)