One of my favorite Christmas traditions since having children is bringing them to see Santa Claus. Christmas has always been my favorite holiday of the year. And since moving to New York City, this time of year has become all the more magical!
Our first Christmas spent here in the city was also my oldest daughter’s first Christmas, so we wanted to make sure it was special with the start of new family Christmas traditions. We visited the tree in Rockefeller Center, went on a journey to see the store windows that are decorated, and of course we went to see the man in the big red suit, Santa Claus.
Macy’s Herald Square has an amazing setup that lets the kids take a “train ride” to the North Pole to see “Santaland” and visit Santa. This year both girls are at the age where they really look forward to telling Santa what they want. On Saturday, we woke up early to head to Macy’s to continue on our Santa Christmas tradition.
Take a look at our magical adventure to the North Pole!
More from Lauren on Babble:
- 7 Holiday Ornaments to Commemorate Your Pregnancy
- 7 Gifts NOT to get a Pregnant Woman for the Holidays
- 15 Unusual (but Cool) Names for Boys
- 15 Holiday Gifts for Pregnant Women
- Babble Blogger Favorites: Best Strollers of 2013
- 12 Stylish Holiday Maternity Dresses
- 8 Tips for Sharing a Small Space
- 10 Matching Holiday Outfits for Sisters
- 11 Stylish Pregnant Moms to Follow on Instagram
Read more from Lauren at her personal blog, A Mommy in the City, where she chronicles her life living in New York City with a suburban mentality. For more updates, follow Lauren on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram!