Always a MomMolly Thornberg
Sunday was an eventful day. This mom turned 34. Yes, it was my birthday. The day was carefully planned; a blow out at the salon with my sister and daughter. Date night with the husband, ending with a reflexology session. I couldn’t wait. I needed a ME day.
The blow out happened, my husband and I went out to eat and then in the midst of my kid-free time, I had this mommy instinct thing going on. We needed to get the kids, forget the reflexology. Sure enough, my mommy instincts were right on. Our 2-year-old Izaiah was puking his brains out. Yes, lovely way to put it – but people this was like nothing that I’d ever seen!
We proceeded home, an eventful 10 minute ride with at least 3 more vomits. Then, for the next 6 hours, our little dude did what I didn’t think was possible. He threw up, at least once every 15 minutes. It was world record breaking. Well, at least for our house it was. Our poor buddy couldn’t sleep and neither could I.
Around 5 AM, our second victim was hit with the vomiting bug. By the time noon hit today, we had 3 sick kids and a sick mom. It’s been eventful, to say the least.
Starting off my 34th year, I am reminded that I am a mom.
* My days are not glamorous.
* My time is not my own.
* If something is telling me something is wrong with my kids, I need to listen.
* And Pine Sol and Lysol, well. It does wonders in regards to clean-up.
All that said, I’m happy to have earned the title of Mom and to have these 4 kids to love… even when our home is covered in vomit.
More Molly Babbles….
- 25 Toddler Photos That Will Make You LOL!
- 25 Halloween Costumes Designed for Children with Special Needs
- 5 Ways to Save on Groceries With Out Cutting Coupons!
- If Toddlers Voted for President, The Issues Toddlers Care About Most!
- 13 Fun Swings That Make Me Want to Be a Kid Again!
- 5 Things to Know About Booster Seats
Molly blogs parenting, geekery and technology at digitalmomblog.com.