If you’re impressed that your 3-year-old can get through “The Wheels On the Bus” with all lyrics and accompanying hand gestures in tact, that’s awesome.
Just don’t feel bad when you hear that other 3-year-olds — or at least one of them, anyway — can memorize entire poems (that don’t rhyme) and recite them on camera.
When Samuel Chelpka was 3, he memorized Billy Collins’ “Litany” (the video of which we first saw on The Huffington Post) and recited it in its entirety on camera. He’s no one-trick pony, however, as he also memorized other works by Collins as well as Tennyson — and even performed on stage at TedxPhoenix.
In celebration of National Poetry Month, take a look at the video that launched Chelpka’s career:
Photo/video credit: drchelpka/YouTube
More from Meredith on Babble:
- 15 Hilarious Photos of a Grown Man Re-enacting Snapshots of Friends’ Babies
- 20 Dazzling Drag-Queen Portraits Showcase Intriguing Alter-Egos
- 11 Reasons Why Being a Toddler Rules
- Brave Photographer Has Lens Turned on Her as Strangers Gawk at her Weight (PHOTOS)
- Barbie May be Plastic But Her Home Birth was Still Au Naturel (PHOTOS)