Apparently when you are the musician parent of a toddler in preschool, it just goes without saying that you’ll perform for all of the classrooms in said preschool.
It’s just the right thing to do.
You should also probably be a bit of a kid at heart, gregarious, goofy and don’t embarass easily. Also fine with being bombarded by 25 toddlers.
Basically my partner won all the daddy prizes today, and I must admit that my heart went pitter-patter at the sight of these pictures. Yours probably will too.
Just An Entertainer… 1 of 9
of the kid variety that is.
Big Kid on the Loose 2 of 9
With a captivated audience.
In a Cabin in the Woods… 3 of 9
Classic. See also grown man hopping around a preschool classroom and how it makes my ovaries ache.
Animated Bearded Dude 4 of 9
Apparently this is what kids like. And then we grow up. Shame that.
My Dad Is Famous Yo 5 of 9
Little Rabbit Foo Foo 6 of 9
Not a dry eye in the audience. That, or they were full on mimicking him as instructed. Pretty sure he was making up his own lyrics here.
Mobbed 7 of 9
"Come check out the guitar kids! Ahhhh, wait, no, no - no smashing. No yanking...gently, gentle."
Full Itinerary 8 of 9
There's just something about singing songs for little kids. A great way to teach!
Aaaaaand SCENE. 9 of 9
See you next month kids! Or something. It would seem this might just become a regular thing. As it should.
More Babbles From Selena…
- 5 Tips For Baking With Toddlers
- Rabbit & Bear Paws: Graphic Novels & Early Reader Book Series for Toddlers
- Moms Have Dreams Too Yo
- #RealMamaLife: When Toddlers Think They Can Do Everything
- Giveaway! Glow-In-The-Dark City Blocks: CLOSED, Winner Announced!
- The Best Balance Bikes For Toddlers
- An Ode To Sleep Deprived Parents
- 7 Ways We Ended The War on Food
- The Ultimate Rain Gear For Toddlers
- 10 Tips For Gardening With Toddlers
- It’s Hunting Season! For Toddlers!
- Solar Powered Rules! Toys for Tots
- The Best 15 Bathtubs For Toddlers? We Found Them.
Elsewhere on the internets…
Via her humble beginnings, mastering in general mayhem: le petit rêve