If you haven’t come across Wild Things on Etsy before, prepare to be blown away. With the Halloween season well upon us, I’m so very excited to be offering this giveaway to the Babble readers! It was a darling fox dress that caught my eye a couple of years ago, having made the front page feature on Etsy.
One look and I was hooked. Head over heels. For obvious reasons, as you can see below. Such wonderful, whimsical, original designs! My girl Abby HAD to have one of those dresses. As someone who loves Halloween and really wants to make handmade costumes for my kids each year, all I can seem to muster is the time to make mine and my partner’s costumes. (Except for that one time when I tried to make an owl costume in an hour. But we won’t talk about that.) We take this Halloween business seriously and the night is one of our most memorable date nights each and every year.
Then one has to consider that no matter how much you (okay, me) may want to truss up your adorable ankle-biter in some ornate costume more often than not. Sometimes? Sometimes, they are a just not having it. I know my two, specifically my son, has HATED costumes in the past. No way, no how was I getting him into something too detailed. Anything involving constricted movement or something on his face or over his eyes and it was game over.
I know I’m not alone in this, which is why I adore the costumes and outfits (play teepees too!) that Kirsty Hartley, shop owner, sole creator, and work-at-home mama, makes. As is, or with some simple add-ons, these little numbers will serve as a wonderful Halloween costume that can be worn throughout the year on regular ‘ole days too. That’s part of what makes her designs so genius to me.
I had the honor of conducting a little interview with Kirsty, as a prelude to a big giveaway over on my own blog, (as in $100 value on anything in her store!) she has so kindly offered up to you all! Check it out, as well as a little preview of the types of Wild Things Halloween costumes you may be lucky enough to choose if you win. The interview and peek-book is below and you’ll be directed to the simple giveaway on my personal blog at the end! Have fun looking and dreaming…
More Babbles From Selena…
- Kindergarten Sucks! So Far…
- DIY Busy Bags For Toddlers
- 10 Reasons Why I’m Glad My Kids Are Close In Age
- What NOT To Say To The Parents of Toddlers
- After-School Activities For Toddlers
- 10+ Things We Did (and Do) To Save Our Relationship (During The Early Years of Parenting)
- The Red Door Series: An Instagram Collection of My Adorable Toddlers
- Flo The Comic: Conversations With a 3 Year Old
- The Essential Tip To Resovling Toddler Sibling Conflicts
- 24 of My Favourite Memories With The Kids This Summer
- The Most Incredibly Condescending, Sexist and Problematic Article Ever
Elsewhere on the internets…
Via her humble beginnings, mastering in general mayhem: le petit rêve