As I mentioned yesterday, I have really enjoyed the last six months of writing here on Toddler Times. Besides being able to share more of a glimpse into my family life than I usually do on my blog, Live Renewed, I also get to write a lot of great stuff about parenting and children that I otherwise wouldn’t have written about.
I looked over my posts from the past six months and wanted to share my top 11 of 2011 with you. Some of these were popular with readers and got a lot of comments, others are just my own personal favorites.
My Favorite Posts of 2011:
• Considering Extended Breastfeeding? - Do you still nurse your toddler? I did, and want to encourage extended breastfeeding as much as I can. Check out the comments — there is some great encouragement to be found there!
• Sibling Love – I love, love, love watching the relationship between my children bloom and grow. It is one of the greatest joys for me as a mother!
• Are We Setting Our Little Girls Up for a Lifetime of Beauty Obsession? - I think this topic is such an important one for parents of little girls, something we need to address from a young age.
• Society to Boys – “Be Tough!” – And we also need to consider the message that we are sending to our little boys.
• A Day in the Life of a Toddler Boy – My little guys keeps me on my toes all day long, but I love watching him learn and play and grow. He absolutely melts my heart!
• 12 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Had a Toddler – Being the parent of a toddler is hard stuff sometimes and there are things I wished I learned, or that someone had told me, before I had to experience them for myself.
• Co-Sleeping: Is There a Toddler in Your Bed? – I know so many parents that deal with sleeping issues with their kids, it’s so good to know that we are not alone. Check out lots of great stuff in the comments.
• A Little Boy’s Guide to Freaking Out His Mommy – This is probably my all-time favorite story of the year. Now I laugh, but then, not so much!
• Make Homemade Non-Toxic Cleaners with Your Toddler – I love to talk about everything that has to do with going green with your family, and what better way than to make safe and natural cleaning products with your kids — then they can actually help you clean!
• 10 Things I Don’t Do as a Mama of a Toddler – I am still so surprised by the response I got to this post. I was just trying to be real and honest and it definitely struck a chord with people — check out the comments — some good, some not so good!
• The Gift of Being a Parent – And if after reading the previous post you think I’m a bad mother, be sure to read this post – there couldn’t be anything more untrue.
I am so thankful for this amazing year that I’ve had with my kids and my family. Every day is filled to the brim with the good, the bad and the sometimes downright disgusting. Such is life with two littles. And I can’t wait to see what the new year has in store for us! I hope you’ll keep hanging out with us here at Toddler Times in 2012!
Happy New Year to you and your family!