Roll & Play is a pretty awesome new game made not only for toddlers, but their parents too.
With Abby’s birthday right around the corner – I’ve been thinking about what to get her outside of anything her hardcore dollie love.
This, and it’s fantastic price-tag of $19.99, looks like a contender.
How It Works
Toss the colourful plush square around. Whichever colour it lands on, you or your little one match that colour to a corresponding card or the same colour and follow the simple instructions.
There are 48 cards in the deck and there are no losers, only winners.
The game also includes a ‘Parent’s Guide’, which – really? Is that necessary? Unless it’s a parody that mimics the need for parenting guides..then, bonus!
Geared towards toddlers 18 months right through to four year old, I’d say this is a great investment for many sessions of silly, imaginative fun and emotional, developmental discovery.
As much as we like to think that our offspring is smarter than the average baby, you really can’t set your baby in front of Settlers of Catan and expect him to be able to keep the sheep cards out of his mouth. (Mmmm… paper mutton!) Also, the majority of board games have parts that are choking hazards for wee geeks, so it’s best to save those for game night with your adult friends.
More Babbles From Selena…
- Free Disney Printables For Toddlers: Activity Books & Colouring Pages Ahoy!
- For The Times that My Toddlers DON’T Fight
- Innocently Inappropriate: Children’s Drawings
- The Coolest Bedding For Toddler Boys (& Girls!)
- Comical? Creepy? Childhood Photos Reenacted
- 14 Ways My Girl Is Just Like Me
- Those Who Rock At Parenting (No Smug Moms & Dads Here!)
- The Dreaded Pink Eye: Causes, Symptoms & Treatments
- The Coolest Bunk Beds For Toddlers
- The Age-Evolution of My Traveling Toddlers
Elsewhere on the internets…
Via her humble beginnings, mastering in general mayhem: le petit rêve