In general, I am not a fan of New Year’s resolutions. I feel like they only set one up for failure. But this year, my New Year’s resolution wasn’t one just for myself, but rather one for my little one, and instead of calling it a “resolution,” I’m calling it a tradition. I’ve started a fun weekly tradition with my little one to spend focused quality time together just once a week. And before you stop to say “That’s ridiculous! You should be spending WAY more than just one day a week giving your child quality time,” I’m talking about things that are beyond the basic sitting down with your child to play with their toys or read books. Here are a few things we’ve done to spend quality time with our daughter since starting this tradition.
Lauren Hartmann is the founder of The Little Things We Do, a blog about life and adventures in Portland Oregon. Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram or catch up on all of her posts here on Babble. More from Lauren:
- 15 Black and White Basics For Your Toddler’s Wardrobe
- 8 Valentine’s Gifts To Bring the Sexy Back To Your Relationship
- 10 Hard-Sole Shoes For Toddlers With Tiny Feet
- Big & Little Fashions: Mother/Daughter Valentine’s Day Style
- Big & Little Fashions: Mother/Son Valentine’s Day Style