A couple of weeks ago I introduced y’all to a new blog initiative of sorts that I’ve been working on. You can lean more about it over here, but in the meantime – how about a little preview of this week’s #RealMamaLife?
Sometimes sharing parts of our ‘adventures’ in motherhood, or the less-than-shiny type pictures of gurgling and euphoric toddlers doesn’t have so much to do with taking pictures of our kids at all.
Perhaps sometimes, oh just maybe sometimes we take pictures to basque in and remember what it’s like to be a WOMAN. Or a person who enjoys adult content. Be it listening to music that’s a little more sophisticated or hanging out with hot bearded men. (Unless of course, beards aren’t your thing…then, psh – what do you know?)
Because there are all of those moments in-between the ones in which we mother, when we perhaps have found our way back to the parts that we enjoyed being and revelling in before kids. I kind of think that’s important. Whether it comes in the form of a delicious cup of tea whilst reading a novel you’ve been aching to dig into (a toddler may be bouncing off of your head, but still. You’re reading. And it’s not ‘One Fish, Two Fish.’) Or going for a run to kiss the sun when you ‘should’ be doing bed-time.
All I’m saying is that we tend to forget about sharing of ourselves, or every moment of ourselves as mothers. Those moments are worth remembering too. I am inspired by other moms who aren’t ashamed to admit that they take out time for themselves. Everything we do revolves around being a mother. That never changes. Whether we take some quiet time for ourselves, or to don a pair of sky high super-heroine boots to dance in.
Although nothing, absolutely nothing…compares to this.
More Babbles From Selena…
- 5 Tips For Baking With Toddlers
- Rabbit & Bear Paws: Graphic Novels & Early Reader Book Series for Toddlers
- Moms Have Dreams Too Yo
- #RealMamaLife: When Toddlers Think They Can Do Everything
- Giveaway! Glow-In-The-Dark City Blocks: CLOSED, Winner Announced!
- The Best Balance Bikes For Toddlers
- An Ode To Sleep Deprived Parents
- 7 Ways We Ended The War on Food
- The Ultimate Rain Gear For Toddlers
- 10 Tips For Gardening With Toddlers
- It’s Hunting Season! For Toddlers!
- Solar Powered Rules! Toys for Tots
- The Best 15 Bathtubs For Toddlers? We Found Them.
Elsewhere on the internets…
Via her humble beginnings, mastering in general mayhem: le petit rêve