I have tremendously adorable children so I could understand why brides and grooms would be clamoring for my little girls to walk down the aisle at their weddings strewing rose petals and bearing rings.
My nephew was six and my older niece was four when they stood besides me with jewelry and flowers at my wedding and their sweetness and light just added to the delight of the day.
However, if I had to do it all over again — or if anyone now asked me if my daughters would be flower girls at their weddings — the answer would be: NO. NO. NO.
Because it’s cute and all, but the day is not about the small children. It’s about the big people getting married, and nothing should detract from that — even if it’s funny or silly. Or at least not during the ceremony.
But mostly because of this:
Photo/video credit: Dmpeiffer/YouTube
More from Meredith on Babble:
- ‘My Baby, Not My Child': Brave Woman Documents Giving Up Her Infant for Adoption (PHOTOS)
- ‘Up’ Fan Art Further Illustrates the Sweetness of a Poignant Story (PHOTOS)
- It Was Only a Matter of Time: Meet Hipster Mickey Mouse (PHOTOS)
- Bunny Babes! 15 Toddlers Who are All Ready for Easter
- ‘Flying Henry’ Magically Lands in Bookstores (PHOTOS)
- No Bunny Does Easter Like These 10 Awkward Easter Bunnies
- 10 Ways to Tell Your Second Child Apart from Your First
- Your Bad-Hair Day Just Got Better: 10 Hilariously Awkward Hairdos That, Thankfully, Aren’t Yours
- 10 Things Never to do With or Near a Toddler
- 10 ‘Real Life’ Disney Princesses Deliver a Lovely Reality Without Spoiling the Fantasy