Sing It, Sister! In Which My Two Daughters Form a BandMeredith Carroll
They have all the makings of a rock band: Wild hair, the penchant for going topless and an insatiable appetite for partying til the wee hours.
Petunia, 4, and Peony, 18 months, have discovered our piano lately. Well, they’ve always known it was there, but these days they like to sit down and jam out together.
And by jam, I mean bang wildly on the keys to a tune that can only make sense in their heads and shout inane lyrics at a decibel such that a crowd at Madison Square Garden, which is 1,975.05 miles from our home, can hear them loud and clear.
There are worse ways to pass the time. Although there are also quieter ways to pass the time. Still, we encourage music in our house.
We’re just looking forward to the day when we can actually call it music. You know, and mean it.
Photo credit: Meredith Carroll
More from Meredith on Babble:
- ‘My Baby, Not My Child’: Brave Woman Documents Giving Up Her Infant for Adoption (PHOTOS)
- ‘Up’ Fan Art Further Illustrates the Sweetness of a Poignant Story (PHOTOS)
- It Was Only a Matter of Time: Meet Hipster Mickey Mouse (PHOTOS)
- Bunny Babes! 15 Toddlers Who are All Ready for Easter
- ‘Flying Henry’ Magically Lands in Bookstores (PHOTOS)
- No Bunny Does Easter Like These 10 Awkward Easter Bunnies
- 10 Ways to Tell Your Second Child Apart from Your First
- Your Bad-Hair Day Just Got Better: 10 Hilariously Awkward Hairdos That, Thankfully, Aren’t Yours
- 10 Things Never to do With or Near a Toddler
- 10 ‘Real Life’ Disney Princesses Deliver a Lovely Reality Without Spoiling the Fantasy