OK, maybe I’m biased, but my little Peony has redefined what it means to be an exceptionally adorable toddler.
Because there’s a little Irish blood coursing through her veins, I bought some shamrock cookies for St. Patrick’s Day. They’ve got green icing and sprinkles and if you’re 18 months old and don’t get dessert too often, they’re kind of like a little slice of heaven in your booster seat.
She had one after lunch on Sunday and when it came time for dinner, she wouldn’t eat what was on her plate. She just kept pointing to the container of cookies on the counter and begging for one. Her pronunciation of “cookie” has since been deemed (by my husband and me) to be the cutest damn word in the entire freakin’ world.
Take a listen and just try to disagree:
Photo/video credit: Meredith Carroll
More from Meredith on Babble:
- ‘My Baby, Not My Child': Brave Woman Documents Giving Up Her Infant for Adoption (PHOTOS)
- ‘Up’ Fan Art Further Illustrates the Sweetness of a Poignant Story (PHOTOS)
- It Was Only a Matter of Time: Meet Hipster Mickey Mouse (PHOTOS)
- Bunny Babes! 15 Toddlers Who are All Ready for Easter
- ‘Flying Henry’ Magically Lands in Bookstores (PHOTOS)
- No Bunny Does Easter Like These 10 Awkward Easter Bunnies
- 10 Ways to Tell Your Second Child Apart from Your First
- Your Bad-Hair Day Just Got Better: 10 Hilariously Awkward Hairdos That, Thankfully, Aren’t Yours
- 10 Things Never to do With or Near a Toddler
- 10 ‘Real Life’ Disney Princesses Deliver a Lovely Reality Without Spoiling the Fantasy
- 10 Reasons I’m Pretty Sure Child Protective Services is Coming for Me