The End of My Toddler's 1st Soccer Season & the Beginning of Something New!Selena Mills
A couple of weeks ago (the blink of an eye these days), Wyndham wrapped up his 1st season of soccer, and I can’t speak highly enough of the experience. When the season first began, I was a little wary of all the soccer moms. Don’t get me wrong, there were still a few during the entire season who were over the top and generally annoying.
But you guys! I made a friend! Someone weird like me with an adorable little boy (obviously). We’ve hung out all summer on and off the field. That, in and of itself, was worth the cost of signing Wyndham up. He and his sister got the chance to watch the initiation and development of a friendship between myself and their friend’s mom, while also learning what being a part of a team is all about. Meeting new people, taking risks, and becoming more independent — “soccer” was merely the glue that brought it all together.
At the beginning of the season, I watched as they all fumbled and wrestled around on the field, resembling a mash-up of football, soccer, and general mayhem. But later on, despite some minor hiccups (loosing their coach and gaining a new one mid-season), I watched my guy and all of his new little friends really get into the game and learn how to play.
Of course there were off days and moments. Not all of the kids wanted to play all of the time, and the coach would be hard pressed to get all players on the field at the same time. But this was all normal. They are after all in the tiny tot category — no one was expecting them to be pros!
If you are thinking about signing your little guy or gal up for soccer, I cannot recommend it enough. You are doing so much more than signing them up for a team sport. In fact, we all loved the experience so much that we’ve signed Wyndham up for indoor fall and winter soccer. Let the games begin!
More Babbles From Selena…
- 7 Cute & Cretive After-School Snack Ideas: Toddler Edition
- 10 Tips To Foster Your Child’s Speech Development
- The Fun Dinnertime Activity That Gets My Toddlers To Eat
- Big City, Big Adventure: Toddler Edition
- DIY Glow In The Dark Hula Hoops
- Back To School Shopping With A&W
- 10 Tips For Turning Your Toddlers Onto Music
- H&M Launches Online Shopping AND a Home Decor Section. REJOICE. (Oh and also my picks for toddler bedrooms.)
- The Most Incredibly Condescending, Sexist and Problematic Article Ever
- 10 Tips For Raising Healthy Eaters
Elsewhere on the internets…
Via her humble beginnings, mastering in general mayhem: le petit rêve