Big wooly winter hats have been the demise of many a hairstyle for Abby this winter. We start out the morning enthusiastically (the little nutter loves it when I do her hair), but her wispy thin locks, that have only just begun to turn from baby fine — are no match for all the winter gear. Now that Spring is here?! All the pretty hairstyles won’t be a waster of time! I never thought I’d get into doing my little girl’s hair this much - because you know, focusing on ones looks and teaching as such to my little girl isn’t something I believe in. Taking care of oneself having good hygiene and taking a modicum of interest in ones appearance is a good thing I think.
There are tons of ornate and intricate hairstyles making the rounds on the internet for little girls. While those are fun to look at, and as much as my toddler girl loves having her hair done – there is no way she’d sit patiently for me to pull those off.
So I’ve kept it pretty old school and simple with this collection of dreamy dos that I envision trying out on Abby’s sweet head, as well as a few haircut styles I’m toying with. Spring also means the start of a brand new Pow Wow season and those, now those are some more detailed hairstyles I can get behind. Special occasions and whatnot. Which means, yes – Abby (and her bro) are going to start up traditional grass and jingle dance lessons soon. It’s time for me to start learning to braid with ribbons!
Check out some of Abby’s favoured hairstyles and the ones I’m dreaming about…
More Babbles From Selena…
- On My Toddler Starting Kindergaten <<< Advice needed y’all!
- Cheap. Easy and/or FREE! The Best Spring Activities for Kids
- Handmade Easter Dresses. YES.
- 7 Natural Way to treat Bruises
- 1st Days of Preschool (Mine & Hers)
- When in Doubt, Put Bunny Ears on Them!
- “For the Bullied & The Beautiful”
- On Why I Now Love Mornings Best
- DIY Toddler Beds. Yep. Uh huh.
- Confessions & Secrets…on being a better mom
- Hardcore Baby Doll Love (pictorial) + your chance to submit your own!
Elsewhere on the internets…
Via her humble beginnings, mastering in general mayhem: le petit rêve