Since moving to New York City from Tampa almost four years ago, there are many traditions we’ve formed in the Northeast that we look forward to every year. Fall is my favorite time of year here because of the absolutely gorgeous landscape and hues of deep orange, red, and yellow.
We love to get out of the city and take a fall trip to visit some of our surrounding areas that we never get to see living in our Manhattan “bubble.” This past weekend we took a road trip to Vermont for some sightseeing and a favorite fall tradition: apple picking. The apple orchard overlooked the gorgeous Lake Champlain and had the mountains beyond that. There couldn’t have been a more picture-perfect site to pick apples.
On our drive home last night, I created a story to look back and remember our time apple picking! Take a peek for yourself:
More from Lauren on Babble:
- 10 Stunning Nursery Ideas for Your Autumn Baby
- The Evolution of the Easy Bake Oven
- 10 Photos That Give You a Peek into the Lives of Sisters
- 21 Halloween Costumes for Toddler Girls
- Babble Blogger Favorites: Best Strollers of Fall 2013
- Polka Dot Perfection in Hatch Collection
Read more from Lauren at her personal blog, A Mommy in the City, where she chronicles her life living in New York City with a suburban mentality. For more updates, follow Lauren on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram!