The big orangey-red double doors that separate the sun-room from the main door of our home have definitely grown on me. When we first moved into this house, they were way down on the list of things that had to go/be changed. But they were there. Now? I think I’ll keep ‘em.
I suppose things get muddled or clearer (?) over time. Goals shift and priorities get fuzzy when you have kids. Those awful doors have found a peculiar way of wriggling themselves into my heart. Clearly, it’s not the doors that I’ve fallen in love with, but the pictures that I’ve slowly been adding to a simple series on my Instagram account dubbed Red Door Series (#RedDoorSeries).
The best part? It started out organically – nothing much was contrived. Get dressed, take a fun picture, get out the door! Over time, Wyndham and Abby have come to love our little tradition, or maybe it’s the form of bribery (a gummi bear vitamin each), that I use. Which, I’m not sure can even be called bribery. I’m pretty sure they’d still partake in their near daily ‘photo shoot’ without it.
I hope this inspires you to do something themed and fun with your family photography. Something simple that fits into your everyday or weekly routine. Looking back now, this series has started to take on a chronological documentation of their growth. I know we’ll all enjoy looking back on this collection years from now and who knows? Perhaps I’ll keep it going until the day they leave home!
More Babbles From Selena…
- Flo The Comic: Conversations With a 3 Year Old
- The Essential Tip To Resovling Toddler Sibling Conflicts
- 24 of My Favourite Memories With The Kids This Summer
- Playing With Food: 7 Cute & Creative After-School Snack Ideas For Toddlers
- The Fun Dinnertime Activity That Gets My Toddlers To Eat
- The Most Incredibly Condescending, Sexist and Problematic Article Ever
- 10 Tips For Raising Healthy Eaters
Elsewhere on the internets…
Via her humble beginnings, mastering in general mayhem: le petit rêve