My children are always noted for being incredibly similar in looks to their father. More-so than me. They have his shade of hair and buoyant, glossy, think curls.
When pictured side by side, my son and his father do in fact look like miniature and larger versions of each-other. It’s never been something that I was jealous of, or wished that they looked more like me.
There have been a few times that someone will say to me, “Oh, wow – Wyndham/Abby really looks like you right now!” I’ve taken it to mean we have similar mannerisms. Until the other day, when I was sifting through some old photos and I came across one of me in particular.
It struck me in it’s near identical imagery to one that I took recently of my boy.
So I put them together, side by side.
I guess he looks like me more than I thought!
More Babbles From Selena…
- Comical? Creepy? Childhood Photos Reenacted
- 14 Ways My Girl Is Just Like Me
- Those Who Rock At Parenting (No Smug Moms & Dads Here!)
- The Dreaded Pink Eye: Causes, Symptoms & Treatments
- The Coolest Bunk Beds For Toddlers
- The Age-Evolution of My Traveling Toddlers
Elsewhere on the internets…
Via her humble beginnings, mastering in general mayhem: le petit rêve