Tips for Toddler Diapers ChangesMadelinePetersen
Last month, I pleaded for a little help keeping my
bear cub toddler in check during diaper changes. And you wonderful, beautiful people gave me a few tips and, by George, they are working!
Click through to see my favorite tips:
1. Give your toddler a new toy to play with.
2. Distract them with bottle or sippy cup.
3. Hand them a favorite book.
4. Have a series of toys and objects (e.g. hair brush, nasal spray, butt cream tube) to hand to your toddler when they get restless.
5. Sing a favorite song (preferably with actions that they know).
6. Distract them with a calm focused task (singing or asking them to point to parts of their face, or to items in the room, etc.)
7. Have a special toy for diaper changes only.
Tate isn’t old enough to take advantage of all of these tips yet but some of them are working fabulously. Why didn’t I think of handing him a toy he hadn’t seen in days? Novelty works every time!
Have you tried any of these tips? Which ones do you use?