One of my favourite forms of dance is Native style hoop dancing, which is nothing like hula hooping. “Hooping” is defined as a story-telling dance in which the dancer uses numerous hoops at a time to masterfully spin their tale through movement and skilled dance. While there are many interpretations of hooping that vary from tribe to tribe and clan to clan, one element always remains the same.
My young lad seems to be drawn to it just as much as I, since the first time he watched a presentation in awe last year on the Pow Wow trail. Our local Pow Wow is coming up this weekend and a few weeks back I made him some hoops of his own to start practicing with.
Click through for the easy DIY on how to make your own Glow In The Dark Hula Hoops!
More Babbles From Selena…
- Back To School Shopping With A&W
- 10 Tips For Turning Your Toddlers Onto Music
- H&M Launches Online Shopping AND a Home Decor Section. REJOICE. (Oh and also my picks for toddler bedrooms.)
- Because Camping With Toddlers Isn’t Easy, But It CAN Be Fun. Some Pointers…
- The Most Incredibly Condescending, Sexist and Problematic Article Ever
- 10 Tips For Raising Healthy Eaters
Elsewhere on the internets…
Via her humble beginnings, mastering in general mayhem: le petit rêve