Last week I promised to share the DIY for Waldorf dancing rings when I got around to making them. Well, I made them and they were as easy as I suspected at a fraction of the cost one would dish out on Etsy or in a specialty toy store.
If you’re not familiar with Waldorf education, let me begin my stating that I am a fan of certain aspects of Montessori and Waldorf (Gasp! I combine the theories! Double gasp!) and most digital forms of babysitting. And also nothing. Yep, nothing. Kids don’t have to be learning or entertained 24/7.
Although they do require and enjoy quite a bit of it, so. Given our entire family loves music, works in the music industry, and basically can’t live without music, it makes sense that we hook our kids up with music-themed toys, or toys that encourage independence, creativity, positive self-esteem… in a word? Dance.
Dancing is great for the soul and kids never have to be bribed into dancing. None that I know anyways. I made these ribbon adorned wooden dancing rings that flutter and fly with movement when we were camping. Everyone at the camp wanted to know what I was up to and a couple of the bigger kids helped me out and even requested one of their own to dance with at the outdoor concert that we were all attending later that night.
So, without further ado–click through to discover how to make these lovely little Waldorf dancing rings for you own kids!
More Babbles From Selena…
- Because Camping With Toddlers Isn’t Easy, But It CAN Be Fun. Some Pointers…
- The Most Incredibly Condescending, Sexist and Problematic Article Ever
- 10 Tips For Raising Healthy Eaters
- DIY Splash Pad: 7 Genius Hacks
- Summer Survival Guide: The Necessities For Those With Toddlers
- What’s The World’s Greatest Father Been Up To?
- Introspective: Toddlers and Their Toys
- 20 Amazing Disney Themed Birthday Parties For Your Toddler
Elsewhere on the internets…
Via her humble beginnings, mastering in general mayhem: le petit rêve