A funny thing happened not so long ago: Peony, 17 months, decided that whole apples are much better than ones that are cut up and peeled. She’s always loved apples and enjoyed sitting in her booster seat with a slice or three on her plate. But then she noticed her older sister walking around with a whole piece of fruit and it was all over.
Now she’ll run over to the refrigerator a few times a day, bang on it and cry “appa” — and the whining won’t cease until she’s clutching a big red one in her tiny palms. The apples are generally bigger than her head, never mind her mouth, but that doesn’t seem to stop her.
This morning she had her way with what must have been a particularly good apple. The poor fruit never stood a chance. Take a look:
Photo credits: Meredith Carroll
More from Meredith on Babble’s Toddler blog:
- 10 Darling Toddlers Dressed as Cupid Deliver Some Valentine’s Day Delight
- 15 Things About Toddlers That Make it All Worthwhile
- Thirsty Toddler Meme: For All I Do, This Bud’s for YOU? No Fair!
- BFFs: Japanese Toddler and French Bulldog Adorably Pass the Time Together (PHOTOS)
- 5 Common Toddler Sleep Problems and Solutions
- 17 Hilariously Absurd Plush Toys Your Toddlers Will Never Know They’re Missing