Toy Stories: Children From Around the Globe Pose With Their Favorite Toys [PHOTOS]Selena Mills
Last year I discovered the amazing work of photographer Gabriele Galimberti and was immediately smitten. I knew the Babble readers would be too, so I shared the news of his series, Toy Stories, a collection of images taken of children from around the globe with their favorite toys.
Since then Galimberti has continued to travel the world and has now visited more than 50 countries constructing quite the portfolio of boys and girls with their most prized possessions. From Texas to India, Malawi to China, Iceland, Morocco and Fuji, Galimberti recorded the spontaneous and natural joy that unites kids despite their diverse backgrounds. Whether the child owns a veritable fleet of miniature cards or a single stuff monkey, the pride that Galimberti captures is moving, funny and thought-provoking.
The images have been compiled into a book of 54 images of the Italian photographer’s work, published by Abrams books released March 25th. Take a peek at some of his newer photos that have been added to the series since last year!
All images used with permission via: Gabriele Galimberti/INSTITUTE.
More Babbles From Selena…
- 5 Ways My Parenting Has Changed Over The Years
- Creating a Reading Friendly Home For Toddlers
- 3 Things To Do When You Feel Your Temper Rising (That Don’t Suck)
- Should I Be Annoyed With All of the Religious Content in My Kid’s Classroom?
- My 10 Favourite Toddler Internet Personalities and Memes
- The Affliction of Raising a Gifted Child